Thursday, January 28, 2010

a simpler day, but no less important

Conversation: Calvin Plum of Leading Edge Printing Services. Calvin & I grew up going to camp together at Arlington Beach. He printed the inserts for my first CD, Good Storyline, in 2000 when he still owned Optima printing company. Now, instead of operating scanners and printers, he offers printing services in the form of consulting and project management. We had a good chat about some of my potential printing needs, including a project I need to quote on.

Conversation: Melanie, a very creative lady who started attending Okotoks Alliance Church around the same time I did. Melanie is already a very talented visual artist, working in mixed media and jewelery. She’s got a lot of raw talent for songwriting. One of these days I hope to unveil a website of her work. For now we encourage, support and cheer each other through our personal and vocational transitions. I’ve been procrastinating another conversation, which I’m to initiate by email. She’s waiting for me to report that I’ve done it…

Conversation: Kathleen, of course. Email. Business names—registration options; voice over studio; another paid booking came through. Recalling serendipitous events from the summer buoys our confidence.

Conversation: Kevin. Surprisingly we haven’t seen each other since Sunday and haven’t really had a conversation since Saturday. We chatted for a few minutes this evening and he asked about my successes. I reported on the above. I also sorted a lot of papers today… and have a lot more to go.

One success that’s not business related: Kevin’s looking for new steel-toed work boots, but he needs some special features. Turns out it’s hard to satisfy his needs, but I discovered a shoe store today and had an excellent, informative conversation with a certified pedorthist (see also this). Who knew there was such a thing? Certainly not my spell checker!

 P.S. There’s a new post on the Siretona blog about Rebekah Joy Plett and how we knew she was “the one” to illustrate BlueBeary’s series.

No comments:

Post a Comment