Tuesday, January 12, 2010

kids books, chiropractor

Conversation: Sandi, by phone. Goal: To talk about the 7 children’s books Sandi has written and determine whether we might be a good fit to work together. It was a most delightful and encouraging conversation. Sandi is in Manitoba. Her sister in BC got a copy of BlueBeary and loved it, so gave my name to Sandi, who contacted me several weeks ago, hence our conversation today. Her stories are fun, yet they are laced with references to things that Sandi finds meaningful and valuable, like church and family and community. I love it! There are questions of timing and money on both sides. We would very much like to work together, but Sandi will do a bit more research before either of us commits. She read one of her stories aloud, and the fun names alone make it appealing! Whatever happens, Sandi said our meeting felt like a divine appointment, and she kept speaking words of blessing over me. I am so honoured.

Conversation: Dale, in person. Goal: Dale & I are old friends, so we just wanted to get together and hang out, but we also wanted to talk about what’s important in our lives. I especially wanted to discuss Dale’s idea for a children’s book and her other writing ideas. She’s a gifted lady with much to impart. I’m excited to see what she does. For the moment, she’s being a great mom to her two little guys.

Conversation: my chiropractor, in person. Goal: Talk about my readiness to do a concert on Saturday. He told me, “Play for 20 minutes tonight. If it hurts, you won’t make it for an hour on Saturday. If it doesn’t, you’re good to go.” Well, I played for 20 minutes, and it was not good. I am going to postpone this concert. We could use a bit more time to plan it anyhow.

No comments:

Post a Comment