Thursday, January 7, 2010

clarity of vision

Today I realized that my approach to conversations needs more focus. Is my goal just to have 2 conversations? What will we talk about? This pondering was confirmed by an email from Today’s TQ:

How Do You Know If Your Vision Is Clear Or Not?

A good reality check on your vision is to explain it to others. If they can't visualize it as well as you can, fill in the necessary details.
The details of your vision supply the needed specifications for its implementation.

Today's Quest...

Answer Honestly:

TQ
Have you shared your vision with anyone lately?

___This is the point of the 2 Conversations blog: keeping me on track with connecting about my business/ministry/art._____

TQ
What details need to be added to your vision to make it clearer?

___I need to know why I’m approaching certain conversations. Some will be serendipitous, but others must be intentional. I don’t want to manipulate EVERY conversation to make it fit this blog. I just need to have 2 such conversations. Anything more is bonus. _________

TQ
Who could share your vision with you today? When?

___Below are some people with whom my interactions related to my vision and goals. ____________

  • Email & phone: S., who is learning about the value of brokenness. We also talked about the invitation I’ve received to speak at a spiritual emphasis retreat for her school; there’s a meeting at the end of this week, so I should know soon if I’m officially invited and when to make plans.
  • Email/Facebook interactions with several people about my song, “My Grandmother’s House.” The song rose from #43 to #26 in one day on IndieHeaven’s Fan Faves chart through the votes of so many friends. It will be on the chart for a couple more weeks, so please listen and vote. 
  • Email with Kathleen & Grant McMillan about publishing and the direction of Open Eyes Books.
  • Heard from a former student, Laura, who’s developing a line of baby carriers. Was able to pass along info about a baby store from my research related Open Eyes Books.
  • Twitter direct messages:

No comments:

Post a Comment