Thursday, January 14, 2010

old friends and new

Conversation: Lori Youngman, by phone. Lori and I met at Briercrest. She is an artist, ordained minister, educator, and business woman. Her husband, Dale, owns Page Master Publication Services.

Lori is one of this year’s presenters at Breakforth in Edmonton. Her topic: Prophetic Painting. She called me to bounce some ideas around. I’ve posted some thoughts from our conversation on my other blog.

It was good to be reconnected with an old friend.

imageConversation: Doug Waugh, by phone. Goal: Find a replacement car. Doug is the head mechanic at Worth Unlimited, a non-profit ministry of Youth for Christ Calgary. Earlier today I received an email that someone is coming for my written-off Crown Victoria “in a few days.” Yikes! I wrote back that (a) I haven’t found a replacement car yet and (b) I don’t have the insurance money in hand yet, so could they wait? Apparently not.

So I got on Kijiji and looked at car after car after car in my price range. For some reason I had in my head that I want a station wagon, so I especially looked for those. And I found one!

The price is right. And two of the best things about it: (a) it’s through Youth for Christ! (b) I know the head mechanic. Doug used to be at Caronport, we remembered each other, and we had the nicest talk.

I expect Kevin and I will pick up the car this weekend.

Conversation: Juliane, Jimmy and Kevin, in person. Kevin & I went out with my friend, Juliane, and her boyfriend tonight. It was great to catch up and to share about our lives and work. I talked about my need to get established, to gain traction and get rolling with my products!

Other conversations: Lots of emails with authors and illustrators, present and future. So many possibilities. Where will it all go?

No comments:

Post a Comment