Thursday, January 14, 2010

arts, technology, business, and tribe

j0403522 Conversation: Pastor Tim Korthius, Okotoks Alliance Church, in person. Goal: Training for media services—sound, lights, PowerPoint. I’ve always wanted to get some training and experience in running sound, so this is a fun opportunity! Apparently I ask good questions.

j0440402 Conversation: Melanie, in person. Goal: give her vocal coaching for better support and to help her learn her alto lines for the choir songs. We started with lunch (we each brought something to share), then moved to the piano and worked on breathing, diaphragm support, and the harmony line for one song. We also talked about relationships, parenting, art, and illustrating children’s books.

Reese at table - compressedConversation: Dale, by phone. She’s going for it! She has officially announced (via Facebook) that she’s making a career change from counselor to writer, with several publishing opportunities presenting themselves. And … she has announced Siretona as her publisher for one series! I’m so excited about this.  We’ve known each other for years, since she was my student at Briercrest. She is one of those students who went on to become a dear friend, and now colleague.

j0438482 Conversation: Kevin, in person. He has been urging me to call Chapters/Indigo and more Coles locations about my books. I’ve been a little overwhelmed by the thought! But he’s right. I need to get OUT THERE with my products!!!

j0403694 Conversation: Courtney, in person. We went for coffee while Kevin & Stephanie were at Club DJ at the church. She is another Briercrest alumna, but she never took any of my classes. We talked about Courtney’s life overseas and about business/work opportunities, esp. what’s happening with Siretona Creative.

No comments:

Post a Comment