Thursday, January 21, 2010

the click and the connection

Conversation: Heidi Clay, email. I like to call Heidi “my personal dragon,” because she once prefaced some great advice with, “Well, if we were on Dragons’ Den I would tell you…”

     We met in Strasbourg. Early on she bought a BlueBeary book for her little girl, who loved it because her name is Samantha just like the main character in the book. In our emails today, Heidi and I talked about what businesses catch on and which ones.

Me to Heidi: “So excited about how your Kindermusik business is growing! It's interesting, isn't it, how we can be in one business [like the same network marketing biz we were both in] and know that other people are making a living or even a killing with it but we can't seem to get enough traction, no matter how much we believe in the product. Then along comes something that seems to have a magical click for us—like Kindermusik for you and BlueBeary for me. Suddenly motivation is less of an issue and it feels so much more natural to think of and pursue leads and do the work involved.”

Heidi to me: “I really know what you mean about struggling with one business and then something else just clicking and taking off. My Kindermusik program has its own life and energy, I just have to keep up with it! And its not hard to keep going, and find opportunities, I LOVE IT!”

Conversation: Lynette Mattke of PicPocket Books, email. Ironing out contract details for converting BlueBeary to an iPhone application for sale on iTunes. “I think we should schedule another phone conversation to smooth out these next set of details,” wrote Lynette. “I do really look forward to working with you. I feel a nice connection growing. :)”

I feel exactly the same way.

No comments:

Post a Comment